Designed in 1929 for Eliel Saarinen for his home at Cranbrook Academy of Art. Only 14 original chairs were produced, but authorized reproductions have been licensed by Arkitektura. These four chairs were produced by Charles Phipps & Sons in Michigan in the 1980s. Each chair is individually numbered; these are stamped 20 through 23. They have a beautiful scalloped back and are laquered with a slim black ribbon design accentuating the curves.